rolemommyconfessions

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Just Call me Gadget Mom

I don't know how it happened, but somehow around my house, I became the gadget queen.  I'm the only person in the house who knows how to hook up the DVD players in the house and in the car, re-set the Tivo, synchronize iPods, iPhones, nanos, operate the Flip Camera, load up videos to YouTube, fix computers, the list is endless.  Certainly this is not necessarily the job of a woman, but yes, I defy stereotypes.
I have no desire to cook - although I recently went to a fabulous Italian cooking class with my hubby - which I'll blog about later today.  I am into finding quick ways to clean my house so we're a swiffer and clorox wipe family all the way and I hate seeing the inside of supermarkets and have made friends with Frank, my weekly Peapod Delivery guy.  
While I'm still not that proficient at hanging shelves or window treatments, I am the master of gadgetry in our house.  When my son wants to play Will, I'm called in to press the appropriate buttons to start his game. If there's trouble in Webkinz world or Club Penguin, my kids call out for me to bring in reinforcements and fix the problem.  And last night, I even helped figure out my friends son's new PSP game which he almost broke because he put one of the games in the wrong way.  
Since I've become the master of gadgets around my house, all I need to do now is figure out how I can get my hubby into the kitchen and cook up a meal while I'm busy programming the DVR.  Dare to dream, dare to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker View blog reactions