rolemommyconfessions

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Confession #7 - Pediatrician Paranoia

Whenever my kids get sick, I always figure they're resilient enough to bounce back so I wait a few extra days until I take them to the doctor (unless of course they have a raging fever or have fallen from a tree). But with this cockamamie avian bird flu going around (okay we're not in Asia or Turkey or anything but you know how parents get nutty), I've been monitoring my son's coughing patterns every morning and it started to get me concerned. So after 2 weeks of coughing like an old man, I finally made the decision to take him to the doctor today. Of course, today was the day he woke up perfectly fine so when I took him to the doctor's office, he was happy go-lucky and the doc thought I must have been nuts for taking him in considering there were kids hanging from the rafters lining up in droves for flu shots. Going to the pediatrician is like having a car or a plumbing problem. The moment you call in the mechanic or the plumber, nothing is wrong and you look like an idiot. I may have looked dumb today, but at least my son had a clean bill of health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker View blog reactions