rolemommyconfessions

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back to the 80's

There's something about this year that has me thinking back to High School. Probably because it's my 20th year reunion and I'm starting to contemplate whether I'm supposed be doing what I thought I was going to do back in 1986. Back then, I was going to be on Broadway in a major musical, win a Tony and the rest would be history. Fast forward 20 years and the only Broadway I've seen lately is the one I crossed today while walking to get to my car in midtown. Funny about high school aspirations...it seems like the people with no fear always pursue their dreams and the ones like me, the conservative types wait it out while secretly singing songs in their car, the shower and anywhere else no one is actually going to hear you. I guess I'll never know what would have happened if I pursued that Broadway dream. My life still turned out pretty great anyway and I can always sing to my kids (when they tell me not to stop singing) and at our local synagogue. It may not be Broadway, but for me, it's close enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker View blog reactions