rolemommyconfessions

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tissues, Toilet Paper and Sales Receipts

Since I no longer travel with a diaper bag (ummm, that would be two years and counting), I am the most unprepared mother in my neighborhood. When my kid sneezed this morning and a big booger appeared under his button nose just as we're about to hop into Dunkin Donuts, I frantically searched for something to clean up the green gooky mess.
Sure, I could have taken him inside and grabbed a napkin, but that would have meant risking being seen by the visitors I practically see every morning since we frequent the place at least 5 times a week. So, I reached into my bag and pulled out a crisp, clean, sales receipt from the party center I visited yesterday to pick up supplies for my daughter's birthday. Yes, I grabbed whatever I could find and wiped his nose clean with a sales receipt. I then grabbed the Dunkin Donuts napkins and cleaned up the residue but I was desperate and thankfully, my bag is filled with paper products I'll never use again.
So that's my tip for busy moms on the run - don't throw out those sales receipts, sure you won't be able to show them to the IRS once you get audited, but at least your kids' nose will be clean as a whistle.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger AmyBow said...

I can totally relate to this. Oh, the tissues I use and reuse on my poor daughter's nose! I have resolved not to wipe up her snot with anything I wouldn't use on myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker View blog reactions